Arrive & Drive
Rusty Pruden, Central Indiana & Kentucky Regions PCA
Since its inception, PCA Sim Racing has attempted to provide a fun sim racing experience for all of its participating PCA members. We have many different formats and multiple classes of competition. The Entry Class League was added to address the significant learning curve many new drivers encounter getting into sim racing. It has addressed the very important onboarding process of getting new drivers comfortable with virtual racing. The league has proven to be a tremendous success with over 200 drivers have participated in the Entry Class events.
Sim Racing for the Rest of Us
We now have a new venue for those of you who do not have time to participate in our regular competitive Series. Many of our drivers, because of their busy schedules, want to race, but do not have the time necessary to commit to our regular class Series events.
New League, Same Classes
The Arrive & Drive League does not add any new classes. It is based on our current four national classes: PCA Challenge, PCA Sport, PCA Club, and PCA Pro. Any driver in our current four classes can request an invite to the Arrive & Drive League. Simply contact Rusty Pruden on Discord: @Admin-Rusty Pruden
The Arrive & Drive focus in order of priority is:
- No contact racing (like in PCA Club Racing)
- Fun racing experience
The sessions will use the following cars:
- Porsche 911 GT3 R
- Porsche Ruf RT12 R (Track)
- Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)
- Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
The tracks will vary, week to week, with our Seasons focusing on real-life racing series, like IMSA, IRL, F1, and even some roval and oval tracks.
Our sessions typically start every Thursday night at 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific and then repeat on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9:00 AM Pacific. Check our dedicated Discord server Announcement channel for schedules and all sessions are also listed on the PCA Sim Racing Master Calendar, online. All our drivers are welcome to join any of our sessions, whenever they like.
What the League Is, and Isn’t
- Low stress, no practice necessary, sim racing…just Arrive & Drive.
- Fun clean racing with your PCA Sim Racing friends in all classes.
- No orange zone infractions.
- No IRR procedures.
- Drivers who screw up (and we all do!) will be strongly encouraged to apologize on iRacing comms and “self-penalize” themselves by safely pulling over and allowing the offended driver to pass.
- The league sessions are NOT designed for drivers who want a more competitive racing experience.
- iRacing Season scoring will be used for individual drivers to measure and compare their performances.
- There are no series podium celebrations or promotions for national or international events.
- There is no commitment to participate in our sessions, just join us whenever you have the time, for some fun racing with your friends!
How Do I Join?
If you are a current member of one of the PCA Sim Racing main classes (Challenge, Sport, Club, Pro), simply send a DM in Discord requesting a league invite to @Admin-Rusty Pruden.