Sim Racing for the Rest of Us
The Arrive & Drive league was designed for those of you who do not have time to participate in our regular competitive Series. Because of their busy schedules, many of our drivers want to race but do not have the time necessary to commit to our regular class Series events.
Several of our competitive Series drivers also participate in the Arrive & Drive sessions, just for the camaraderie and the fun, low-stress nature of the league.
New League, Same Classes
The Arrive & Drive League does not add any new classes. It is based on our current four national classes: PCA Challenge, PCA Sport, PCA Club, and PCA Pro. Any driver in our current four classes can request an invite to the Arrive & Drive League.
How Do I Join?
If you are a current member of PCA Sim Racing and want to join Arrive & Drive, simply contact Rusty Pruden (@Admin-Rusty Pruden) on the PCA Sim Racing Discord server.
The Arrive & Drive focus in order of priority is:
- No contact racing (like in PCA Club Racing).
- Fun racing experience.
The sessions will use the following cars:
- Porsche 911 GT3 R.
- Porsche Ruf RT12 R (Track).
- Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992).
- Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport.
The tracks will vary, week to week, with our Seasons focusing on real-life racing series, like IMSA, IRL, F1, and even some roval and oval tracks. We also mix in some inverted starts, and dual class races (handicapping the faster drivers), just for fun.
When is Arrive & Drive Racing?
Effective October 2, 2022, we will hold two (usually identical) sessions each week:
- Sunday at 3:00 PM ET (12:00 PM PT).
- Monday at 8:00 PM ET (5:00 PM PT).
All sessions are 2 hours total, with at least an hour of practice.
Thus, our East Coast drivers can finish on Monday’s around 10:00 PM, and our West Coast drivers can join as late as 6:00 PM PT and still make the Monday’s qualifying session.
The Sunday afternoon sessions offer another option for drivers unable to make the Monday night sessions… or join us for both, if you can!
Check our dedicated Discord server Announcement channel for schedules, and all sessions are also listed on the PCA Sim Racing website calendar.
All our drivers are welcome to join any of our sessions, whenever they like!
What the A&D League is, and what it isn’t
- Low stress, no practice necessary, sim racing…just Arrive & Drive.
- Fun clean racing with your PCA Sim Racing friends in all classes.
- No orange zone infractions.
- No IRR procedures.
- Drivers who screw up (and we all do!) will be strongly encouraged to apologize on iRacing comms and “self-penalize” themselves by safely pulling over and allowing the offended driver to pass.
- The league sessions are NOT designed for drivers who want a more competitive racing experience.
- iRacing Season scoring will be used for individual drivers to measure and compare their performances.
- There are no series of podium celebrations or promotions for national or international events.
- There is no commitment to participate in our sessions, just join us whenever you have the time, for some fun racing with your friends!
See you at the track!