Back by popular demand is the national Prelude series running during Series 6.
- Events will be held on Monday evenings prior to the Wednesday Series 6 event.
- One race for yet-to-be-classed drivers, PCA Challenge class, and PCA Sport class.
- One race for PCA Club class, and PCA Pro class.
- Both races will be run in the main PCA Sim Racing league, so no password if you’re a registered member of the league! Everyone is welcome to participate!
Both races have the following time schedule:
- 30-minute practice – 9:00 PM Eastern / 6:00 PM Pacific
- 15-minute qualifying – 9:30 PM Eastern / 6:30 PM Pacific
- 30-minute race – 9:45 PM Eastern / 6:45 PM Pacific
Races will approximate the settings for Series 6, but because of the variable nature in Series 6 settings, there will probably be some differences in the specific settings such as temperature on track.
- PCA Sim Racing
- Prelude Monday (Series 6)
- PCA Challenge (still on the main league, not the PCA Challenge League))
- PCA Sport (still on the main league, not the PCA Sport League)
- PCA Club-Pro (still on the main league)
The schedule for the Series 6 Preludes is:
Event 1 – Road America (Full Course)
Monday, April 26th
Event 2 – Watkins Glen (Boot)
Monday, May 3th
Event 3 – Long Beach (Street Circuit)
Monday, May 10th
Event 4 – Brands Hatch (Grand Prix)
Monday, May 17th
Event 5 – Mid-Ohio (Full Course)
Monday, May 24th
Event 6 – CTMP Mosport (Full Course)
Monday, May 31st
Event 7 – Road Atlanta (Full Course)
Monday, June 7th
Event 8 – Imola (Grand Prix)
Monday, June 14th
Join us for these always fun tune-up races!
By Mike Nyden, Peachstate Region PCA
Before and between our PCA Sim Racing Series are events called Interlude (between Series) and Prelude (between Series races). These non-points, low-pressure events are good practice and testing sessions for the main Series events and a great way to visit with friends. They are organized by Steering Committee Member Mike Nyden.
What is “Prelude” and what is its purpose?
Early during season one, the thought occurred that a friendly and low-stress event, run on the same track as the event broadcast, might be a way to enjoy racing our Porsches while encouraging interaction and friendship. While originally conceived as a competitive “get together” and practice session using that season’s setup, it became clear pretty quickly that people looked forward to it. It’s fun.
During Season 1, members of the Steering Committee realized that these sessions had the potential to influence various parts of the event broadcast.
With everyone participating in the “Big Show”, the Prelude is not only a great place for racers to get in some practice, but the organizers used the information and feedback to help set time of day for the tracks to make the best viewing and racing, get feedback on setups for each track, and collect information about track limits, the impact of heat and other things that can make a race more fun and enjoyable. As necessary, using the info gathered, slight adjustments have been made.
Not just a practice session anymore
While we hope you enjoy the sessions, please know that you’re actually helping shape the upcoming events with your feedback and participation.
So what is an “Interlude”?
We think that the competition and friendship that you’ve created within our league is something special, and between seasons, we just thought it would be fun to get together. If you haven’t realized it, each of the tracks, and each of the cars used, represents something that can be expected to be used during one of the upcoming seasons.
Thanks for being a part of the fun. It wouldn’t be the same without you!