Our Discord Server
The PCA Sim Racing Discord server is for PCA subscribed members to our racing league. We ask all participants to use Discord.
Discord is a game communications program where you can post/receive messages and pictures. Discord also has a voice chat function, a video, and streaming function. It is what we use in lieu of a traditional user forum. Users can private message each other and create private groups. We also use Discord for broadcast interviews pre- and post-race.
We still use iRacing’s in-game chat function, but Discord is used before the green flag drops and after the checkered flag flies.
1. First, go to the website https://discordapp.com/
2. Click the link “Download for Windows” not the link “Open Discord in your browser”.
3. Install the app on the computer that you use for sim racing.
4. Create a Discord account using any name or nickname.
5. To join the PCA Sim Racing Discord server, click this “invite” link: https://discord.gg/4bkhuGd
6. If you get a prompt for “what should we call you”, please make sure to use your name and not your nickname.
7. If you do not get a prompt when joining the server, please change to your PCA / iRacing name by right-clicking on your name then “Change Nickname”.
8. Adjust your settings by clicking on the gear icon in the lower-left of the screen. In the “Voice & Video” section, you can change from “Voice Activity” to “Push to Talk”. By default Discord uses “Voice Activity”. Please change this setting to “Push to Talk”.
9. Please make a post in the “Introduce Yourself” channel and include your PCA Region. We have the server color-coded and tagged by Region. This is to help drivers and admins alike.
If you need help, send us a message or ask in a Discord channel. We really will try to help!
There are thousands of Discord servers. Using the search function, you will find servers for other topics. The servers you subscribe to will line up down the left side column. To go to a specific server, just click on their icon.