Join us for localized PCA Sim Racing events as we grow the community!
Below is our 2020 Zone Event schedule. Join us! All registered PCA Sim Racing drivers are welcome to join our league and race with us! (However only zone 3 and zone 12 members will score points)
2020 Zone Event points standings
Note: 2020 Zone Event will not advance drivers to the 2021 Zone Challenge. The 2021 Zone Event (starting January 2021) will advance drivers to the 2021 Zone Challenge.
|Location (track time)
||Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (afternoon)
||Le Mans (Night, 2 laps qualifying)
||Indianapolis Motor Speedway – Road Course (late afternoon)
||Silverstone Circuit – Grand Prix (afternoon)
||Imola – Grand Prix (noon)
||Daytona Road Course (night)
- On Friday nights, the session opens at 8 PM (EDT or EST)
- Practice: 60 minutes
- Qualifying: 10 minutes or 3 laps (unless otherwise stated)
- Heat Race: 30 minutes with forced pitstop
- Warm-up: 3 minutes
- Feature Race: 20 minutes with top-8 finishers inverted (no pitstop)
Prelude event on Wednesday before the race. It will run under the same format. (90 minutes practice starting at 8pm, with group track walk at 8:30pm)
Vehicles & Setups
- For the 2020 Southeast Zone Group series we will race one car – the Porsche 911 RSR
- Each driver can request a car number (first come first serve), which will stay with the driver for the series.
- Open Setups. Validated setups will be shared with anyone that wants one during practice.
- Fuel tank limited to force a pitstop around the 22-minute mark in the HEAT race.
- Fuel tank limit will be announced once confirmed after the Wednesday Prelude.
- No pit-stop needed for the 20-minute FEATURE race
- Car damage will be on for each race
- Traction control and ABS will be allowed
- Driving line disabled
- ONE fast repair
- THERE WILL BE NO RACE CONTROL. Please conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Refer to PCA Sim Racing Rules & Reference Guidelines (overtaking/blocking/etc).
- ROLLING start. Pole sitter control pace until the green flag is waved.
- Orange zone is in effect (drive-thru penalty – self-police), or 30 sec time penalty at end of the race.
- Incident points – drive-thru penalty at 16x, then every 5x.
- Deliberately crashing into another driver or forcing them off-track will not be tolerated.
- Any protests from drivers who think they have been the victim of poor driving must be brought to the attention of the admins immediately after the event, citing lap number and driver involved. The incident will then be reviewed, and this may result in action being taken.
- Avoidable contact that damages another car and results in either lost pace or pitstops will incur a drive-thru penalty on the next race (driver qualify and grid, and serve drive-thru penalty during race start).
- A driver that had consistently has incidents and start from the pits penalties may be asked to sit out future races.
- If incidents continue, the driver will be banned for the remainder of the season.
- Drivers that are banned for repeated poor driving standards will need to demonstrate an improvement in an open practice session before being allowed to take part in any future races.
- As Admins may be participating in races; should an incident involve an admin then the accused driver may nominate 2 other drivers to review the race incident and determine the action that will be taken.
- All decisions by the admins are final.
Points & Scoring
Race 1 – HEAT Race
- The qualifying session is a straight fight for the fastest lap time and determines the order of the grid for Race 1.
- Pole Position = 4 Points
- Fastest Race Lap = 2 Points
- Race 1 is run over 30 minutes, and each driver must complete one compulsory pitstop.
- The top ten drivers score points:
1st = 25 Points
2nd = 18 Points
3rd = 15 Points
4th = 12 Points
5th = 10 Points
6th = 8 Points
7th = 6 Points
8th = 4 Points
9th = 2 Points
10th = 1 Point
Race 2 – FEATURE Race
- The grid for Race 2 is determined by the finishing order of the first race, with the TOP-8 positions reversed.
- Race 2 is run over 20 minutes.
- The top eight drivers score points:
1st = 15 Points
2nd = 12 Points
3rd = 10 Points
4th = 8 Points
5th = 6 Points
6th = 4 Points
7th = 2 Points
8th = 1 Point