Wild West Zones is Born!
We are pleased to announce the Wild West Zones’ part of the PCA Sim Racing program which will bring the racing activity to the Zone, and in turn, the Region level for all of Zones 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and 14 (a.k.a all PCA regions of Western North America, including Alaska and Hawaii). This new grassroots initiative of the PCA Sim Racing program will allow more sim racing opportunities for PCA members in similar time zones to meet and compete against drivers that they may also see at real-life Zone or Region events.
If you are not already a registered participant in PCA Sim Racing, be sure to follow the instructions here to get signed up; this is a prerequisite for being able to participate in WWZ events.
WWZ Series 1 Championship Standings – All Classes (as of Nov 14, 2020)
PCA Wild West Zones Sim Racing League Series 1 Schedule
1. All session sim times will be iRacing morning default with dynamic weather and sky enabled.
2. Challenge and Sport Classes will run the Porsche Ruf RT 12R Track (requires additional iRacing car purchase) fixed setup and will run together in one race on Fridays.
3. Club and Pro Classes will run the Porsche 911 RSR (requires additional iRacing car purchase) open setup and will run together in the other race on Fridays.
4. All races will be 40 minutes in length, and will be fuel-limited so as to require a pitstop. Prelude and race sessions will be two hours in total length, with 1 hour and 10 minutes of practice, 10 minutes of qualifying (3 laps), followed by the race.
5. Hosted, group practice sessions may be announced on the Discord channel, so be sure to keep an eye out. If you are interested in hosting a session and aren’t quite sure what to do, please reach out to the WWZ Coordinators.
- Download the appropriate zip file for your car / class (rev2 uploaded on Sunday, November 1, 2020 16:18 PDT):
- Unzip the downloaded file to access the PSD file.
- Open the PSD file in Photopea, GIMP, Photoshop, or other tool that supports Photoshop PSD files.
- Duplicate the layer contained in the PSD file to your open livery PSD, ensuring it is placed above other layers in your design (directly under the “Turn Off Before Exporting TGA” layer group in the default iRacing template for your car).
- Export your livery in Targa format as you normally do, and import into Trading Paints.
- If you require any assistance, please check-out the instructional video on Trading Paints and Custom Liveries in iRacing or contact the WWZ Coordinators; we are more than happy to explain all of this in greater depth or help you create your first livery.