Think You’re Fast? Let’s Find Out.
The Sunset Cruise Series will introduce a new PCA Group C League. Group C is for the driver who wants the ultimate in highly competitive, all-out hard, intense racing. It’s serious sim racing with a minimum of restrictions and limitations. Group C is for drivers who want to accomplish that goal. It’s not for everyone, but it may be for you! Think You’re Fast? Let’s Find Out.
- C Group drivers may not run in Group A or Group B servers for the Sunset Cruise Series.
- Drivers who run Group C will retain their PCA Class status.
- Group C is for current Challenge, Sport, Club, or Pro Class drivers.
- For any new drivers, when you get classed, you can join the series.
- You decide if you prefer to run Group C. You can decide to switch to Group A & B races once during the series.
To run Group C, you need to register for the series. Fill out the form linked below.
- The Porsche 911 GT3R 992 is the designated car for Group C.
- 5 races over ten weeks.
- No broadcasts or streaming, but drivers are welcome and encouraged to run their own streams!
- No LPPs.
- No maximum incident points.
- No orange zone.
- No enhanced opening lap penalties.
- No fast repair.
- First warning at 17 incidents then every 5 incidents.
- Rolling start.
- Full pace lap.
- Pole controls the start in the “start zone”. Download the start zones here.
- iRacing AI Race Control. One live RC to monitor for unacceptable language or intentional wrecking.
- Open setups.
- Fuel is limited to 60% to require a pit stop.
- Qualifying set to Strict.
- Variable, realistic weather – check the local forecast for the track!
- The track start time for the server is 10 AM.
- The event will be run on the actual date.
- Race sessions will be found in the new PCA Sim Racing league, “PCA Group C”.
- 20-minute open practice
- 30-minute open qualifying
- 60-minute race
We’ve had many of you ask for East / West times. Let’s give it a try!
- Group C drivers can run “East” from 7 PM Eastern to 9 PM Eastern…
- or Group C drivers can run “West” from 7 PM Pacific to 9 PM Pacific…
- or Group C drivers can run “East” and then “West”.
Be the first PCA Group C East or West Champion!
- Championship points, East & West, are in finishing order only.
- A driver can not “win” in both East and West, but they can race in both. For example, driver Z finishes 2nd in the West and 3rd in the East. They will be dropped from the 3rd spot East and it will go to the next driver in line.